Waterford is a major transportation hub with a national port, regional airport and an extensive road network that allows easy access to the rest of Ireland & international markets.
Waterford has an excellent road network with the M9 motorway allowing you to travel to Dublin with ease in under 2 hours. The N25 national primary route traverses the length of Waterford from East to West allowing travel between the two main urban centres of Dungarvan and Waterford City in 40 minutes.
Drive to Dublin in 1hr50mins
|From Waterford City to...||Distance||Time|
|From Waterford City to... Dublin City / Dublin Airport||Distance 175km||Time 1hr 50min|
|From Waterford City to... Dungarvan||Distance 50km||Time 40min|
|From Waterford City to... Cork City / Cork Airport||Distance 125km||Time 1hr 40min|
|From Waterford City to... Belfast / Belfast Airport, United Kingdom||Distance 330km||Time 3hr 30min|
|From Waterford City to... Limerick City||Distance 130km||Time 2hr 0min|
|From Waterford City to... Rosslare Europort||Distance 75km||Time 1hr 0min|
|From Waterford City to... Shannon Airport||Distance 150km||Time 2hr 20min|
There is a rail connection between Waterford and Dublin City that allows you to travel to the capital in comfort in approximately 2 hours. Excellent wifi allows you to work online while you travel.
The rail link runs through the Port of Waterford offering a quayside railhead and giving access to the national rail network
Rail link running through the port
An average of 30 Cruise Liners visit Waterford each year bringing 10,000 visitors to the region
The Port of Waterford is the most modern port in Ireland and the closest one to mainland Europe.
- National rail link running through the port.
- Excellent road connections to the rest of Ireland.
- The Port of Waterford operates 24 hours a day.
- Handles 2.2 million tonnes of lo-lo, bulk liquid, bulk solid, break bulk & general cargo per annum.
- Serves blue chip clients such as Coca-Cola, Fyffes, DFDS logistics, Samskip & Glanbia.
- An average of 30 cruise liners visit the Port of Waterford each year bringing over 10,000 visitors to Waterford.
2.2 million tonnes of Cargo shipped from the port of Waterford per annum
Waterford Airport serves Birmingham and London and is a key element of the transport infrastructure that Waterford has to offer.
- Plans for a capital development programme to widen the airports runway to facilitate a wider variety of aircraft and increase the range of routes and services.
- Land adjacent to the airport is available to grow the airport’s ancillary businesses.
- The Irish Coastguard Search & Rescue has two Sikorsky rescue helicopters based in Waterford airport and CHC, the Coastguard’s operating company, do their training & service their fleet in Waterford.
Fly to Birmingham or London in 1hr20mins
The record for the largest in-line launch of hot-air balloons at an Irish airport was set in Waterford in 2015