Whether your company's relocation depends on Financial, Infrastructural, Operational or Recreational reasons - Waterford has the solution for you;
It makes Financial Sense!
- Companies in Waterford can avail of Ireland's low Corporate Tax rate of 12.5%, combined with favourable Double-Tax agreements.
- Ireland also has a 25% R&D Tax Credit available to companies. .
- Waterford has lower Property prices and rents than any other city in Ireland.
- Zero-rated Sales Tax (Value-Added Tax, or VAT) to all exports outside of the EU.
- Zero-rated Sales Tax to all Intra-EU countries, where the buyer is also VAT registered.
- Retailers can avail of the Retail Support Grant if they satisfy certain conditions.
- High-quality transport infrastructure and services, delivering your product to market in optimum time.
- The Port of Waterford is Ireland's closest multi-modal port to Continental Europe, connected by road and rail to Ireland's national transport system. In fact, it is the only shipping port in Ireland which is directly served by the Irish Rail network.
- Waterford is easily accessible from other cities by road, such as Dublin & Cork (90 minutes travel time).
- Waterford is well served by public transport networks such as bus and rail.
- Waterford has ample available office-space, Industrial premises & warehousing solutions.
- Waterford City & County's population is expected to grow by approx 50% in the next 20 years.
- Retail is thriving in Waterford, and is set to grow exponentially with the North Quays proposed Development:
- The developments include 40,000 sq m of retail space, one-quarter of which will be made up of the new shopping complex on Michael Street. A mix of offices and 300 apartment units, as well as a hotel and convention space, are proposed for the 90,000 sq m North Quays site.
WATERFORD IS AN 'ALLY' FOR BUSINESS
In the words of businessman Patsy Carney, "the city and its environs have been a vital ally".
- Waterford is home to a number of prestigious multinational companies.
- Moreover, it is also home to a number of associated service industries which allow companies to focus on their core products and competencies.
- Central & local government in Waterford are committed to growing the local economy, and in fulfilling Waterford's role as the economic driver of Ireland's South East region.
Waterford is a Research & Development Hub
Waterford has internationally recognised centres of excellence for research, such as TSSG at WIT.
We also have ArcLabs Research & Innovation Centre which, amongst a myriad of other services, can provide links for businesses to the wider R&D community in Waterford, thereby getting access to the most up-to-date and potentially game-changing advances in R&D.